The SGM2541 is a high-current, low-loss bidirectional load switch and over-voltage protection (OVP) device with wireless/dual input capability.
The device supports up to 20V DC operating input voltage (28V DC withstand) at USBIN pins, and a 16V DC reverse voltage blocking feature at OUT pins. The SGM2541 provides input voltage-clamped protection for input surge events up to 130V. The integrated high-speed input over-voltage protection capability ensures safe operation for surge events that occur during the ON-state (conducting) or OFF-state (non-conducting). The two OVP threshold voltages (17V/13V) can be programmed through VP pin.
A second input and 2:1 power multiplexer can be achieved by connecting a compatible wireless receiver (wireless Rx) output to the load switch OUT pins.
The bidirectional device can detect and support USB-OTG applications. It also includes under-voltage lockout, over-voltage lockout and over-temperature protection circuits designed to automatically isolate the power switch terminals when a fault condition occurs.
The SGM2541 is available in the Green WLCSP-2.43×1.75-20B package. It operates over an ambient temperature range of -40℃ to +85℃.
● Bidirectional Switch for USBIN and OUT to Allow On-The-Go (OTG) Mode
● Input Voltage Range: 3V to 20V at USBIN and 3V to 16V at OUT
● Programmable OVP Threshold Voltages
● 28V Tolerance on USBIN Pin
● 130V Surge Protection
● 5A Continuous Current from USBIN to OUT
● 5A Continuous Current from OUT to USBIN in OTG Mode
● Low On-Resistance: 29mΩ (TYP)
● 1.4V Control Logic
● Soft-Start to Reduce Input Peak Current
● Available in Green WLCSP-2.43×1.75-20B Package
● -40℃ to +85℃ Operating Temperature Range
Mobile Devices with Wireless Charging Options
|Part Number||Status||Package||Pins||Pb-Free||Temp Range|
|SGM2541YG/TR||Production||WLCSP-2.43×1.75-20B||20||Y||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|