The SGM2551A and SGM2551C power distribution switches are intended for applications where precision current limiting is required or heavy capacitive loads and short circuits are encountered and provide up to 1.5A of continuous load current. These devices offer a programmable current limit threshold between 100mA and 1.7A via an external resistor. The power switch rise and fall times are controlled to minimize current surges during turn on/off. The SGM2551C has quick auto discharge function in disable status.
SGM2551A and SGM2551C devices limit the output current to a safe level by using a constant-current mode when the output load exceeds the current limit threshold. An internal reverse-voltage comparator disables the power switch when the output voltage is driven higher than the input to protect devices on the input side of the switch.
SGM2551A and SGM2551C are available in the Green TDFN-2×2-6L and SOT-23-5 packages. They are rated over the -40℃ to +85℃ temperature range.
• Up to 1.5A Maximum Load Current
• Meets USB Current Limiting Requirements
• Adjustable Current Limit: 100mA to 1.7A
• Fast Over-Current Response: 2μs
• 90mΩ High-side MOSFET
• No Reverse Leakage Current of High-side MOSFET
• Reverse Input-Output Voltage Protection
• Operating Range: 2.5V to 5.5V
• Built-In Soft-Start Function
• Quick Auto-Discharge in Disable Status (SGM2551C)
• Available in the Green TDFN-2×2-6L and SOT-23-5 Packages
|Part Number||Status||Package||Pins||Pb-Free||Temp Range|
|SGM2551AYTDI6G/TR||Production||TDFN-2×2-6L||6||Y||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|
|SGM2551AYN5G/TR||Production||SOT-23-5||5||Y||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|
|SGM2551CYN5G/TR||Production||SOT-23-5||5||Y||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|
|SGM2551CYTDI6G/TR||Production||TDFN-2×2-6L||6||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|