The SGM2588 is an integrated 100mΩ (TYP) power switch for self-powered and bus-powered Universal Series Bus (USB) applications.
The SGM2588 is internally current limited and has thermal shutdown that protects device and load from over-current damage. Thermal shutdown shuts off the output MOSFET and asserts the FAULT output if the die temperature exceeds 150℃ until the die temperature drops to 130℃.
This device employs soft-start circuit that minimizes inrush current in applications where highly capacitive loads are employed.
An open drain FAULT flag asserts low during over- current and thermal conditions after a 13ms blanking time to prevent false reporting.
SGM2588 is available in the Green SOT-23-5 package. It is rated over the -40℃ to +85℃ temperature range.
● 100mΩ (TYP) High-side N-Channel MOSFET
● Three Current Limit Levels
SGM2588A/B/G: 1100 ± 100mA
SGM2588C/D/I: 2100 ± 210mA
SGM2588E/F/K: 2600 ± 300mA
● Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 5.5V
● Low 23μA Quiescent Current
● Typical 0.1μA Shutdown Current
● Soft-Start Function
● Thermal Shutdown Protection
● Under-Voltage Lockout Protection for VIN
● No Reversed Leakage Current (Reverse Blocking)
● Fault Flag (FAULT) with 13ms Filter Eliminates
● Automatic Output Discharge in Shutdown Mode
● 500kΩ Pull-Down Resistor at EN Pin
● Evaluated to IEC 60950-1, Ed 2, Am1, Annex CC,
Test Program 1 with CB Report (SGM2588A/C/E/G/I/K)
● Available in the Green SOT-23-5 Package
General Purpose Power Switching
USB Bus/Self Powered Hubs/Peripherals
ACPI Power Distribution
Smart Phone & LCD TV
|Part Number||Status||Package||Pins||Pb-Free||Temp Range|
|SGM2588AYN5G/TR||Production||SOT-23-5||5||Y||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|
|SGM2588BYN5G/TR||Production||SOT-23-5||5||Y||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|
|SGM2588GYN5G/TR||Production||SOT-23-5||5||Y||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|