The SGM3141B is a current-regulated charge pump idealfor powering high brightness LEDs for camera flash applications. The charge pump can be set to regulate two current levels for Flash and Torch modes.
The SGM3141B automatically switches modes between step-up and step-down ensuring that LED current does not depend on the forward voltage. It switches at 2.2MHz, allowing the use of tiny components. The supply voltage ranges from 2.7V to 5.5V and is ideally suited for all applications powered by a single Li-ion battery cell or three to four NiCd, NiMH, or Alkaline battery cells.
The SGM3141B also features a very low shutdown current, an automatic soft-start mode to limit inrush current, as well as over-current, over-voltage and over-temperature thermal shutdown control.
A low current-sense reference voltage (47mV) allowsthe use of small 0603 current sensing resistors.
The SGM3141B is available in Green TDFN-3×3-10L package and is specified over an ambient temperature range of -40℃ to +85℃.
• Output Current Up to 700mA
• Up to 90% Efficiency in Torch Mode
• Adjustable Flash Mode Current
• 1× and 2× Automatic Modes for High Efficiency
• Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 5.5V
• Minimum External Components: No Inductors
• High Frequency Operation: 2.2MHz
• Low 47mV Reference for Low Loss Sensing
• IQ < 1μa in shutdown
< 1μa in shutdown
1μa in shutdown
• Built-In Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current
• Low Input and Output Ripple and Low EMI
• Output Over-Voltage Protection
• Over-Current and Over-Temperature Protection
• Available in Green TDFN-3×3-10L Package
White LED Torch, Flash for Cell
Phones, DSCs and Camcorders
White LED Backlighting
Generic Lighting, Flash and Strobe Applications
General Purpose High Current Boost
|Part Number||Status||Package||Pins||Pb-Free||Temp Range|
|SGM3141BYD10G/TR||Production||TDFN-3×3-10L||10||Y||-40℃ to +85℃||Samples|